MSI is looking to hire an Account Coordinator to join the Client Services team. If you’re outgoing, energetic, goal-oriented and a great multitasker, this could be the right position for you. Get in on the ground floor of the best agency in town and discover a career with exceptional growth potential and a fun environment with great coworkers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides administrative assistance to account managers on day-to-day client activities
- Responds to client phone calls and emails
- Manages production and creative (copywriting and graphic design) deadlines, coordinating media and traffic placements to ensure continued progress of client workflow
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed by account manager in development of creative briefs, etc.
- Responsible for crafting first-run press releases and media distribution
- Responsible for editing, proofreading and fact-checking work
- Ability to manage and coordinate ongoing speakers bureau
- Maintains media lists; develops and tracks event calendars
- Responsible for planning and coordinating special events, including follow-through and organization of all event details
- Takes minutes at meetings, prepares and distributes for follow-up
- Maintains files on all client activities, competitors, industries
- Maintains client-correspondence file, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account-service work, etc.
- Prepares daily media-monitoring report as needed
- Provides back-up for the agency’s main telephone line as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively within a team environment, as well as with individuals and the public
- Ability to read, proofread and interpret documents for content. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in groups or one-on-one
- University degree in a related field, i.e. marketing, business administration or journalism. Related work experience may be substituted for formal education
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as database/project management programs. Must develop proficiency with agency’s project-management software
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Creative problem-solving ability; ability to think on your feet
- Familiarity with printing processes as well as television and radio production processes
The employee is frequently required to sit at a work station for several hours at a time. Employee is required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
Occasional travel may be required as appropriate to the position.
- Transportation – Your own vehicle is required for work, valid Alaska driver’s license and proof of current insurance.
- Signed confidentiality/non-compete agreement is required.
- Professional work attire (casual business attire) required.
- All employees will establish a daily billing goal with agency president.
MSI Communications is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.
Ready to apply?
Send your cover letter and resume to us.